Santa knows for his body to function properly all his cells and organs need water
Here are some great reasons our body needs water:
1. Water lubricates the joints Cartilage, found in joints and the disks of the spine, contains around 80 percent water. Long-term dehydration can reduce the joints’ shock-absorbing ability, leading to joint pain.
2. Water forms saliva and mucus Saliva helps us digest our food and keeps the mouth, nose, and eyes moist. Drinking water also keeps the mouth clean. Consumed instead of sweetened beverages, it can also reduce tooth decay.
3. Water delivers oxygen throughout the body Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of the body.
4. Water boosts skin health and beauty With dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
5. Water cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues Dehydration can affect brain structure and function. It is also involved in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters. Prolonged dehydration can lead to problems with thinking and reasoning.
6. Water regulates body temperature Water that is stored in the middle layers of the skin and comes to the skin's surface as sweat when the body heats up. As it evaporates, it cools the body.
7, The digestive system depends on water The bowel needs water to work properly. Dehydration can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and an overly acidic stomach. This increases the risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers.
8. Water flushes body waste Water is needed in the processes of sweating and removal of urine and feces.
9. Water helps maintain blood pressure A lack of water can cause blood to become thicker, increasing blood pressure.
10. Your airways need Water When dehydrated, airways are restricted by the body in an effort to minimize water loss. This can make asthma and allergies worse.
11. Water makes minerals and nutrients accessible These dissolved in water which makes it possible for them to reach different parts of the body.
12. Water prevents kidney damage The kidneys regulate fluid in the body. Insufficient water can lead to kidney stones and other problems.
KEEP READING best is yet to come!
13. Water boosts performance during exercise Dehydration during exercise may hinder performance.
14. Water assist in weight loss Water may also help with weight loss, if it is consumed instead of sweetened juices and sodas.
15. Water reduces the chance of a hangover When partying, unsweetened soda water with ice and lemon alternated with alcoholic drinks can help prevent overconsumption of alcohol.