This is the Department of Water message for Friday, May 27, 2022
The Department of Water Supply (DWS), County of Hawai‘i, has
issued an immediate water restriction request for the affected area until further notice. Due to equipment malfunctions, DWS will need to haul all drinking water to meet customers’ water needs. We are asking residents and businesses to reduce water use by 25 percent to ensure everyone’s water needs are met.
Performing the following steps will help to conserve water by 25 percent:
• Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes.
• Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
• Do not let water run when washing hands, shaving, and brushing teeth.
• Reduce showering times.
• Use water-saving devices whenever possible.
• Use a broom instead of a water hose when gathering leaves and grass clippings.
Please call (808) 961-8050 during normal business hours, (808) 961-8790 for after-hour
emergencies, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates will be issued as necessary and may be viewed at www.hawaiidws.org.